The NXT24SD80 carbon fiber bike rim, size 24" 80mm width, was designed in 2015 when carbon fiber fatbike wheels were just emerging. In the fat bike world, 26 inches has always been the mainstream. However, there are still some cyclists who prefer a smaller size, 24 inches. In order to meet the riding needs, we developed a 24-inch carbon fiber fat bike rim, which was also the only 24-inch carbon fiber fat bike rim in the world that year.
The design of double-wall and flat surface is derived from the early aluminum alloy fat rim, which has been a classic design of fat rims. The flat surface design of the spoke holes wall allows the spoke holes to be drilled with a larger offset of 15mm, which is beneficial to the overall stability of the wheelset. The profile drawing is shown below.
This model of rim could be mounted tire at size 3.5~4.8".
- Code: NXT24SD80
- Name: Snow Dragon 24"
- Rim Type: Clincher / Hookless
- Materials: Toray T700 Carbon Fiber
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Size: 24"
- BSD (Bead Seated Diameter): 507mm
- ERD (Effective Rim Diameter): 476mm
- External Width: 80mm
- Rim Height: 25mm
- Spoke Bed Offset: +/-15mm
- Weight: 600g
- Valve Hole Diameter: 6.5mm (Presta)
- Spoke Holes Diameter: 4.5mm
- Assembly Hole Diameter: 7.5mm
- Spoke Tension: 130kgf
- Tire Size: 3.8"+
- Tire Pressure: 25psi
- Load Limit (One Wheel): 180kg
- Weave: UD / 3K / 12K
- Finish: Matte / Glossy
- first- Width: Better for bike frames or hubs which needs a longer offset to fit;
- second- Deep section: Compatible for Left fork under spoke holes drilling Model B;
- third- Deep channel: Further stability to lace wheels under spoke holes drilling Model A.
- application: Trail / Dirt / Enduro / Snow / Sand / Bogs / Desert / Mud