This is where it all began for NEXTIE in 2013 with our first wheel mold for the Wild Dragon 26" x 90mm fatbike rim, which has led the rise and development of carbon fiber fatbike wheels all over the world.
The initial design concept emerged from a professional bicycle rider named Ryan Melnyck from Canada. The tri-angle cross-section of Wild Dragon highly supports the strength of wheel. The positive stiffness reaches amazing result of 426KG in the first test, more than 4 times of a normal carbon mountain wheel. The roof surface could easily slide snow, mud or sand from the wheel, which makes cycling effortless. As well, installing or uninstalling a tire gets quite easy to process by the design of smooth rim bed surface.
In 2015, we upgraded Wild Dragon and developed a lighter, high-quality version to meet the riders' demand for lightweight. In the same year, we developed a bigger size wild dragon - 27.5", which is the best choice for taller riders.
In 2016, with the continuous maturity and differentiation of the fatbike market, fatbike riders had new requirements for wild dragon. We appreciate the good suggestions put forward by every customer who loves our brand. This year, we developed the world's first carbon fiber tri-spoke fatbike wheel - wild dragon tri-spoke, which is still the unique carbon fiber tri-spoke fatbike wheel in the world.
In 2020, we continued to improve and make progress, and upgraded the Wild Dragon Tri-Spoke wheel equipped with high-end hubs: Wild Dragon Tri-Spoke with DT Swiss big ride hub was officially launched.
Going through the past 8 years, Wild Dragon is not only a classic product of NEXTIE, but also a benchmark of carbon fiber fatbike in the world. Though the field of fatbike is still not large, more than 3000 riders on six continents are riding Wild Dragon wheels, which is a proud achievement for us. One happy customer highly appreciated and said: NEXTIE is Fat Bike Wheel World Headquarters.
More photos of Wild Dragon Wheels: Wild-Dragon-Photos
- Name: Wild Dragon Mark II
- Code: NXT90WD-TS
- Rim Type: Clincher / Hookless
- Materials: Toray T700 +T800 Carbon Fiber
- Tubeless Compatible: Yes
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Size: 26"
- BSD (Bead Seated Diameter): 559mm
- External Width: 90mm
- Internal Width: 83mm
- Rim Height: 40mm
- Weight: 1120g front / 1220g rear
- Tire Size: 4.0"+
- Tire Pressure: 5~20psi
- Load Limit (One Wheel): 200kg
- Weave: UD
- Finish: Matte / Glossy
- first- Width: Extra wide options fit jumbo snow tires for extreme snow conditions while reducing rotating mass.
- second- Deep section: Wide 90mm design is ideal for four-season trail riding with 4" to 5.5" wide tires.
- third- Deep channel: The 40mm deep section of the Wild Dragon rims provides extra rigidity for more aggressive riders.
- four- Small bead: Providing a deep channel between the bead seats makes it easier to install and take off tires.
- five- Aero roof: A compact bead socket locks tires in tightly for easy tubeless installation.
- six- Section of: Aero-style rim profile (the triangle-like shape) sheds dirt and mud when conditions get rough. If you've ever packed wet snow between your spokes where it sticks to rim cutouts, you know how critical this feature can be.
- application: Trail / Dirt / Enduro / Snow / Sand / Bogs / Desert / Mud